Leadership & Management Development Programmes
Jaluch has supported organisations to develop their line managers for well over a decade. We offer open courses or bespoke in-house courses.
Our 8-module open course is delivered across 8 months, it sets out to ensure that managers develop confidence and learn the skills required to effectively manage their teams. With approximately one month in between each module, managers have time to reflect on their learning and begin to put their new skills into practice.
This programme is practical and engaging. We ask delegates to fully participate at every stage to ensure learning is embedded and tailored at every stage to the needs of the managers attending. All delegates are asked to complete a psychometric profile before the Programme begins.
Our bespoke in-house courses allow organisations to select the most appropriate modules, course duration and timescale. Organisations can 'pick and mix' modules from our open course, or add additional content.
Our in-house courses give organisations the freedom to create a completely bespoke programme, choosing modules appropriate to managers’ requirements and the organisation’s needs. You can choose how and when the modules are delivered, whether it be 6 sessions spread over a 6-months or just a few sessions spread over a week – it is entirely up to you!
The structure for our open courses is based on years of development and practice, ensuring delegates will have the best learning experience. The 8-modules are displayed below - for a detailed breakdown of what is included in each session, click the titles to expand:
- Introduction to Leadership Skills
- Understanding your Psychometric Profile
- Exploring your Preferred Communication, Management and Leadership Style
- Understanding the Communication and Behavioural Styles of Others
- Learning How to Motivate and Engage Others
- Action Planning
- Introduction to People Management
- Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People
- The Performance Management Process and Challenges
- Introduction to Coaching Skills for Managers
- Action Planning
- Introduction to Employee Relations and Employment Law
- Understanding the Employee Relations Responsibilities of a Manager
- Employees Statutory Rights and an introduction to Contracts of Employment
- Managing Discipline Effectively
- Understanding the Grievance Procedures
- Investigatory Skills for Managers
- Absence Management – The Law, The Challenges and The Skills
- Introduction to Team Development
- What do Your Team Expect from You? What are Your Responsibilities?
- Building a Successful Team
- Motivating and Engaging Staff
- Creating Trust
- Identifying and Managing Stress
- Action Planning
- Introduction and a Glossary of Useful Financial Terms
- Introduction to the Financial Statements and Their Relevance for Managers
- Understanding Cash Flow and its Importance
- Exploring Budgets and Budget Planning
- Looking at Profit Vampires
- What Can You Influence Game?
- Introduction to Planning, Delegation and Time Management
- Assessing your Own Productivity Levels
- Why Planning and Time Management are so Important
- Looking at Prioritisation and Procrastination
- Effective Time Management and Prioritisation Case Studies
- Learning to say ‘No’
- Developing Delegation Skills
- Action Planning
- Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Overview of The Equality Act 2010
- Focus on Bullying versus Banter and the Value of Inclusion
- An Introduction to Unconscious Bias
- Using Transactional Analysis to Manage Conflict
- Building Confidence and Knowledge to Deal with Sensitive Issues
- Developing Problem Solving Skills to Effectively Manage Your Staff
- A Review of The Modules and Topics Covered
- Leadership and Profiling – the Value and Relevance
- Managing Performance
- Essentials of Employment Law, including Managing Discipline and Absence
- Building and Managing Teams
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Planning, Delegation and Time Management
- Diversity, Inclusion and Dealing with Conflict
- Business Simulation Exercise to Practise the Skills
- Personal Action Planning for the Future
How much does it cost?
Our 8-Day open course is just £1986 + VAT per delegate (£1936 where ILM certification is not required). This equates to £242 per delegate, per day plus the fee for ILM certification.
This price includes all the following:
- 8 days of training at our office in Ringwood, Hampshire.
- A 2 course lunch for 8 days.
- Coffee, tea and biscuits refreshments on each training day.
- Comprehensive delegate workbooks for each module.
- A Psychometric profile (completed at the start of the programme).
Note: Price does not include travel to Ringwood and parking in Ringwood (£5 per day approx.)
For in-house management development programme pricing, please get in touch for a quote using the form at the bottom of this page.
Available open course dates
Our next open course commences in September 2017. If you wish to attend this programme please see dates of training below:
- 12th September 2017
- 3rd October 2017
- 7th November 2017
- 5th December 2017
- 9th January 2018
- 6th February 2018
- 6th March 2018
- 3rd April 2018
If you would like to book a place on this course, please fill in the form at the bottom of this page and one of the team will get back to you.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.
In-house customisation options:
- This programme can be pitched at different levels for line managers, middle managers, senior or board members.
- Include additional modules or delete existing ones, we can also reduce or expand content within modules if there is something of particular interest.
- Include relevant case studies and/or focus on your own companies culture, values and ethos.
This management development programme has been recognised and approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management.
If you want your delegates to go through the ILM process, for an additional fee, then delegates will receive the benefits and extra credibility that comes with ILM certification and 6 months ILM studying membership. If you choose not to go through the ILM version, the course will still remain exactly the same, but you will receive Jaluch certificates instead.