Staff Representative Training
Enabling effective teams to support your business
Jaluch is a leading provider of Staff (Employee) Representative Training in the UK, with over 20 years’ experience in this highly specialised area. Across the years, we have delivered staff reps training for hundreds of organisations and often deliver refresher courses in organisations when new reps are appointed.
We have five staff reps course options available:
- Effective Staff Representation – Designed to bring a group together and develop key skills and knowledge (used as an introduction or refresher).
- Effective Staff Representation/Redundancy Consultation – designed to ensure your representatives understand their role during redundancy consultation and have developed the necessary key skills.
- Effective Staff Representation/TUPE – designed to ensure your reps understand their role in a TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment) situation and develop the necessary skills to support.
- Effective Staff Representation/Employment Law – focussing on key legal knowledge that Staff Reps need to fully support the organisation with diversity and inclusion, change management, grievances and disciplinaries etc.
- Effective Staff Representation/Data Protection (GDPR) – focussing on developing specific knowledge and understanding of Data Protection.
Effective Staff Representation (number 1) is our most popular course. This course raises awarenesss of the expectations that their colleagues may have of them, the benefits of consultation and the personal qualities required to be able to maximise the effectiveness of the role. Delegates also have an opportunity to explore the fascinating area of individual personality profiles and how, as a team, these bring different working strengths and weaknesses. From this, soft skills can be developed in terms of communication style and interpersonal effectiveness, as well as hard skills such as running effective meetings and establishing roles, on a formal or informal basis, that complement the elected Representatives’ core skills and interests.
Our training is bespoke in order to reflect your organisation’s unique culture and needs, but to give you a flavour here is a typical agenda for this all round Effective Staff Representation Course:
- The role of consultation bodies and staff representation, including the legal framework and the expectations involved.
- The benefits of consultation, staff representative roles and forums, for both employer and employee.
- What makes a good representative? – Looking at personal qualities, skills, experience and knowledge.
- Confident communication skills including giving constructive feedback and understanding negotiation.
Why choose Jaluch?
From tea bags to whisky production, hotels, car manufacture, call centres, banks and care homes... Jaluch has trained representatives of every shape, size, age and nationality in every conceivable organisation!
Our staff reps training provides reps with an overview of their role and builds their skills so they can be effective in what they do. Often new reps want to understand the framework they operate in, often existing reps want to learn how to work more effectively as a group and influence management. Sometimes very experienced reps want training in employment law or supporting colleagues in disciplinary hearings.
If you want to provide your reps with training that has impact and that builds skills and confidence, then you have come to the right place. Take a look at our testimonials from both reps and those organising representative training.
"I have to say the feedback from delegates has been fantastic and I have no doubt the committee shall be significantly stronger and more effective moving forward! "
Some of our Staff Reps Customers...
Not What You're Looking For?
If you have someone in-house that can deliver training, then we also offer an effective staff representation training kit. Our 'Bags of Learning' training kit, is just £500 for 6 hours (one-day) of material that can be used with unlimited delegates within a 12 month period. Our training kits are the same high quality you would expect from our traditional trainer-led courses, they just give you the added flexibility to deliver the training whenever suits you, whilst saving you money.
Please note that there is no employment law included in this training kit.