Have you ever experienced microaggressions?
We need your voice - send us a video clip to share your experience
Most of us have, directly or indirectly, experienced microaggressions in our life.
We are looking for 10-30 second video clips from people who are willing to share their experience with us and if we use your video, we will give you a £20 Amazon gift card.
What are microaggressions?
If you aren’t clear on what microaggressions are but are interested in finding out, you can read our microaggressions article, or in brief…
A microaggression is a everyday slight, slur or action that leaves people (from a minority group) feeling upset, offended or uncomfortable. Often, the person who’s delivered the insult might be unaware that they have caused offense. You can see some examples in the image below:
We are looking for:
- A 10-30 video clip of you speaking about a time you have experienced a microaggression, either directly or indirectly.
- The video needs to be filmed as head a shoulder shot, talking into the camera. This can be alone or with someone else.
- The video does not have to be professional quality, it can be filmed on an iPhone but please make sure the video is crisp/clear and don't forget to consider your background.
- We want to hear a variety of voices, so if you have experienced something that you consider a ‘microaggression’ please share. This could be related to:
- age (younger people, older people)
- ethnicity or race
How will we use your video?
We are going to create a compilation of everyone’s videos to raise awareness of this topic and highlight the range of people who can experience microaggressions. This will be displayed on the Jaluch website and be used in some of our training courses.
How to submit your video
If you send us the video on Twitter, please also DM/email us to confirm your email address, so we are able to send you the gift voucher if you video is selected.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your video, you are agreeing for Jaluch to use it on our website and in training materials etc.
If your video is selected we will email you to re-confirm your permission to share before using.
If you have any questions, drop us an email and we'd be happy to help.