Managing Health & Wellbeing
Classroom or live-online training for managers
Training that will provide managers with the skills and knowledge to improve the health and wellbeing of their teams in the workplace.
This managing health wellbeing training course will help managers understand how to support their teams and recognise the warning signs. Providing practical strategies that managers can implement straight away.
This course can be delivered in a face-to-face classroom session or online and we are able to offer varying lengths of training sessions, from bite-size 60-minute sessions to full day (6-hour courses).
We have provided an example agenda below of the types of things we normally cover, but we will work with you to create content that is a perfect fit for your organisation. We can also deliver training for managers, who need to manage their teams health and wellbeing.
- What do we mean by health and wellbeing?
- Why is it important for both business and employees?
- The direct and indirect cost of ill health
Understanding a little of the science
- An introduction to neuroscience in relation to health and wellbeing.
- A snoozy guide to the importance of sleep
- What raises blood pressure?
- Using the knowledge we have about brain function to support both ourselves and our team.
Mental health & stress
- What causes stress and associated mental health conditions?
- Identifying stress and managing an employee with stress or a mental health issue.
- Encouraging individuals to be aware of and proactively manage their own stress and mental health.
- Mental health – a case study.
- A brief look at mindfulness and meditation.
- The Drama Triangle and its impact on wellbeing.
The soft skills managers need for managing health and wellbeing
- The whole world talks about emotional intelligence – but what is it?
- Handling sensitive conversations.
How conflict impacts wellbeing
- What are the most common causes of conflict?
- Understanding Transactional Analysis and what it can teach us about managing conflict at work.
A refresher on the legal stuff
- What is a disability?
- Supporting staff with disabilities.
- Use of occupational health advisors and GP reports.
- Managing short term absence.
- Managing long term absence.
Who should attend?
This training would benefit anyone who is responsible for others in the workplace - supervisors, line managers, senior managers, team leaders, HR or employee representatives.