With sickness absence costing employers on average 8 days per year per employee, the impact on business is clear, which is where absence management training can help. Even just one person either constantly taking a “sickie” or on long-term sickness absence can be incredibly time-consuming and complex to manage.
As with all of our courses, we will work with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs but below you will find an example of what this absence management training course normally covers...
- Understanding the use of ‘fit notes’
- Identifying patterns of absence and when this becomes a problem
- Tackling suspicious or regular short-term absence
- Conducting effective return to work interviews – supportive or challenging?
- Dealing with long-term absenteeism – the use of medical reports/assessments
- Managing with the disciplinary/dismissal process – attendance warnings and ill-health dismissals
What will delegates learn?
- How to reduce workplace absenteeism and associated costs
- How to enhance productivity and morale
- How to improve absence management processes
- How to Minimise the risk of Tribunal claims
"Jaluch did an outstanding job in delivering Managing Absence training to our 250 managers. They understood our business and our people, and the style of delivery ensured the sessions were informative, interesting and fun! The feedback has been phenomenal."
Who should attend?
Managers and leaders who would like to develop skills and build confidence to deal with and reduce sickness absence issues.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.
Not What You're Looking For?
If you have someone in-house that can deliver training, then we also offer an absence management training kit. Our training kit, is just £350+VAT for 6 hours (one-day) of material that can be used with unlimited delegates.
Our training kits are the same high quality you would expect from our traditional trainer-led courses, they just give you the added flexibility to deliver the training whenever suits you, whilst saving you money.
Please note: clicking the find out more link below you will be redirected to our sister site Training Wizard.