Employment Law Essentials for Managers
Hearing the warning bells - employment law essentials for managers.
In an increasingly litigious society, it is crucial for your managers to understand the basics of employment law and identify the potential problem-areas of managing staff. This one day essential employment law training course will help delegates learn how to manage within the law, by highlighting the pitfalls and legal/financial risks. It will equip them with the tools to make an informed decision on the best way forward through a range of topical but challenging employment scenarios.
As with all of our courses, we will work with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs but below you will find an example agenda...
- Avoiding discrimination claims – pre, post and during employment
- Statutory rights of employees – separating the fact from the fiction
- What to do if you receive a grievance
- Understanding the disciplinary and dismissal process (and associated risks)
- Identifying potential tribunal claims and how to avoid them
- Managing problem employees – misconduct, poor performance and ill-health
What will delegates learn?
- How to protect the business from costly Tribunal claims
- How to keep managers up to date in view of ever-changing legislation
- How to maintain a positive reputation
Who should attend?
Managers or leaders who would like the confidence and skills to manage within the law and have the tools to make an informed decision on the best way forward.
This course can be run on a one-to-one basis at a reduced rate or at standard rate for groups of up to 12 delegates.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.