It is important for all those with a responsibility for managing staff to have an overview of grievance procedures, in order to avoid costly mistakes! This half day course, using real life workplace and practical situations, will equip all managers with the important skills and knowledge to enable them to prepare and handle the grievance procedure within the workplace.
As with all of our courses, we will work with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs but below you will find an example agenda...
- Understanding what grievance is and the purpose of conducting grievance hearings
- The Acas Disciplinary and Grievance Code of Practice
- Understanding the problems which may be resolved with the use of mediation and conflict management and the purpose of these techniques
- Recognising the importance of note-taking and record keeping
- Understanding how to hold an informal and formal grievance hearing
- Understanding the appeals process
Clients who book this course often combine it with Managing Discipline, to provide their managers with a comprehensive toolkit for resolving grievance and disciplinary issues and maintaining good employee relations.
What will delegates learn?
- How to protect the business from Tribunal claims
- How to keep managers up to date in view of ever-changing legislation
- How to improve the organisation’s grievance processes
Who should attend?
Managers, leaders, HR staff or business owners that would like to develop their skills and knowledge to enable them to prepare and handle the grievance procedures within the workplace.
This course can be run on a one-to-one basis at a reduced rate or at standard rate for groups of up to 12 delegates.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.
Not What You're Looking For?
If you have someone in-house that can deliver training, then we also offer a managing grievances. Our 'Bags of Learning' training kit, is just £300 for 6 hours (one-day) of material that can be used with unlimited delegates within a 12 month period.
Our training kits are the same high quality you would expect from our traditional trainer-led courses, they just give you the added flexibility to deliver the training whenever suits you, whilst saving you money.