Performance management is the on-going process of getting the best out of your employees. By following a cycle of activities, you can monitor employees and ensure those that are doing well are recognised. Meanwhile, for those who are poorly performing this framework provides a clear route by which to manage them, ideally back to optimal engagement and results, or if they are clearly not up to the job, or willing to change as required, it may be a case of looking at formal exit strategies.
As with all of our courses, we will work with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs but below you will find an example performance management training agenda...
- The performance management cycle
- Acceptable levels of performance – when is it too bad!
- Understanding the overall goals of managing performance
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to performance management
- Performance management skills –planning, setting objectives, monitoring, providing feedback, coaching, development and reviewing performance
- Identifying poor performance and deal with conflict – when they kick back!
- Structuring a performance management meeting including note taking
- Staying on the right side of the law
- Practical scenarios to apply the knowledge learnt
Ultimately, it is a Managers responsibility to ensure their staff are working efficiently and effectively, which requires them to manage their performance! This course will outline how to do this.
What will delegates learn?
- How to clarify expectations of employees in line with business objectives
- Effective line management which boosts morale and productivity
- The skills to motivate employees and retain valued staff
- How to deal with poor performers in a timely, cost-efficient way
- How to identify development needs
- How to create a structure for succession planning by ‘growing your own’
Who should attend?
Managers who would like to understand the legal requirements when managing staff and ensure they have the confidence to challenge those who routinely perform poorly. Equally, this course will consider the positive benefits of staff who are already working well, but with effective performance management can give so much more.
This course can be run on a one-to-one basis at a reduced rate or at standard rate for groups of up to 12 delegates.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.
Not What You're Looking For?
If you have someone in-house that can deliver training (HR, managers, internal trainers etc.), then we also offer a Managing Performance Training Kit. Our training kit, is just £350 for 6 hours (one-day) of downloadable material that can be used with unlimited delegates. There are games and activities included in the cost, which you will posted to you free of charge.
Our training kits are the same high quality you would expect from our traditional trainer-led courses, they just give you the added flexibility to deliver the training whenever suits you, whilst saving you money.