Mental Health Awareness Training
In-House or Live-Online Training
Good mental health and wellbeing is critical to ensuring peak performance in your staff, and consequently in your business. Although significant progress has been made in the public sphere in raising awareness of mental health issues, progress is far slower in the workplace. Although 1 in 4 people struggle with mental health problems, and 1 in 6 suffer from a mental illness, only 16% of staff are actually willing to disclose these issues to their managers due to the stigma associated with mental health issues.
We are working with some of the most proactive employers who are actively seeking to raise awareness and working to normalise conversations around mental health. If you want to be part of this conversation, we recommend that you consider raising awareness with a course such as this.
As with all our training, this is an example of a typical course on mental health, we are committed to working with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs.
- What do we mean by mental health and wellbeing?
- Why is it important for both business and employees?
- What causes mental health conditions
- Identifying mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- Risk factors for mental health
Managing employees with mental health issues
- Recognising signs & symptoms
- Tackling difficult conversations
- How to respond when mental health concerns are raised
- Making adjustments in the workplace
- Creating an action plan and accounting for adjustments
- Encouraging individuals to be aware of and proactively manage their own stress and mental health
First aid for mental ill health
- About suicide
- Recognising someone in crisis
- First aid for suicidal and other mental illnesses
The soft skills managers need for managing mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting staff with disabilities
- The whole world talks about emotional intelligence – but what is it?
- Handling sensitive conversations
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees but can be tailored towards managers and leaders who would like to develop skills to support and raise awareness around mental health issues in the workplace.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.