Train the Virtual Trainer
Live-Online Virtual Classroom Training
Calling all trainers, managers, conference hosts, sales/customer service teams and HR professionals.
Learn how to adapt your skills and content for an online environment.
Deliver with impact and style. It doesn’t have to be flat, it doesn’t have to be boring... learn how to make online delivery engaging, interactive and polished.
Whether it's delivery training, online sales meetings, webinars, onboarding new starters, running team meetings or conducting H&S online... let us give you a head start!
What you can’t do is re-use existing materials or content that was designed for a face-to-face environment. What you can do is learn how to tweak what you have, rethink how you present and adapt the materials you currently use.
"Worth every penny if you are doing virtual training!" - Sue, Duraikan Training.
"Superb day, engaging, great content, open and trusting space." - previous attendee.
How it works
Module 1 is an open course, delivered over two days, back to back (an afternoon followed by the next morning). The pricing and booking link on this page are to book this combined session, we consider this the 'core session'.
We then have 4 additional modules that can be delivered as 1-2-1 or group sessions. You can find out more about these modules below but they are designed to further enhance your learning and confidence.
These additional modules are optional and you can book them without booking the open course (session 1).
Attendees of any of our modules will receive a Virtual Trainer Certificate.
What you will learn
- The differences between face to face and online training techniques.
- How to use the tech to deliver a great session.
- Key online presentation skills.
- How to create and deliver engaging sessions.
Module 1 Agenda
Thursday 26th Nov, 2pm-5pm
A packed session to get you up and running. Stacks of top tips, ideas, guidance, activity demonstrations to give you all the ideas you need to deliver your very own session with impact.
- Understanding and developing a new skill set.
- Key differences between face to face and online training.
- A different approach to managing delegates?
- Preparing yourself and your space.
- Pre-session instructions.
- Limiting beliefs around tech and camera.
- Online etiquette.
- Use of autocue tools.
27th Nov, 9am-12pm
- What do we mean by impact and why is it important?
- Use of tone and pitch and don’t forget the non-verbals.
- Managing Zoom fatigue
- Creating and delivering exercises that have impact.
- Icebreaker and activity ideas for your delegates
- Using game based-platforms to add to engagement.
Early Bird - £225*
Standard Price - £275*
*Per person, excluding VAT.
Duration - 2x 3-hour sessions
Type - Online
Date - 10th Feb (2pm-5pm) & 11th Feb (9.30am-12.30pm)
Please contact us for availability of in-house or open courses.
You will need access to a computer with a webcam and audio (speakers/microphone), good internet connection and quiet place to listen. We would also recommend using a headset for the best sound quality.
Problems booking or questions about this course?
1-2-1 or group coaching sessions
This is your opportunity to really develop tech confidence and master web conferencing tools – whether you use Zoom, GoToTraining/Meeting, Teams or another platform, we will tailor the session to the functionality of the platform you use.
We offer the 1-2-1 coaching rate for up to two attendees or our standard training rate for groups or teams of three attendees or more.
- Using the tech to deliver a great session.
- Hosting sessions.
- What happens when tech lets us down?
- How do we manage delegates with a fear of tech?
- Delegate interaction and engagement.
- Having fun with the tech.
- Break out rooms and polls.
- Sharing Screens and whiteboard options.
- Using videos and digital tools.
One-to-one or group coaching sessions
Make this your personal session to hone your on-camera skills. Otherwise join with a colleague or two and you can all learn together. This is a practical skills session involving on camera practise.
- What are the challenges?
- What does success look like?
- Pitch, tone, speed…
- A few camera tricks to enhance your style
- Looking the part and feeling the part
- Practise makes perfect
Bring your existing course materials to this session and we will take time with you to support converting them into online materials. Or, if you prefer, we can use our own material and show you how we create our own online materials.
Covering delegate handouts, reconstructing face-to-face exercises and activities for online delivery, keeping engagement, using slides and other media. Let’s share with you our top tips about creating a great online session.
A bespoke session for you or you and a colleague to work through how you will host or present at a webinar.
The focus of the session is your choice…. perhaps how to greet delegates, introduce speakers, manage the tech, deal with chat queries etc or perhaps you prefer to take time to work on your presentation style on camera, how you look, how you sound, how to ensure you appear authentic.
Feedback from our previous train the virtual trainer course
Click images below to enlarge.