We often come across organisations where the appraisal process has become a 6 monthly chore that is little more than a paperwork exercise. This is of little value for the business or the employees! As well as examining the preparation and process side of appraisal, our courses look at key skill sets needed to carry out an effective appraisal, and will equip delegates with the skills to feed back to staff honestly and constructively to make the process worthwhile.
As with all of our courses, we will work with you to create the perfect course to fit your organisational needs but below you will find an example of what this course normally covers...
- Making appraisals an on-going process
- Less paper, more value – using documentation as a guide, not the focus
- Identifying your key message – one thing at a time, please!
- Giving motivational and constructive feedback without the “ouch”!
- How to know when you’ve got an issue
- Dealing with an employee “in denial”
- Setting SMART objectives
What will delegates learn?
- How to motivate employees and retain valued staff
- How to identify development needs
- How to reinforce objectives in line with business goals
- How to improve productivity by identifying and resolving problems
- How to help succession planning by seeing who has promotion potential
- How to gather employee feedback which may benefit business performance
Who should attend?
Managers or leaders who would like the confidence to tackle difficult issues and set suitably challenging objectives, that will allow them to use appraisals to maximum effect.
This course can be run on a one-to-one basis at a reduced rate or at standard rate for groups of up to 12 delegates.
Why choose Jaluch?
We have over 16 years' experience in providing unique, bespoke and trusted training. We pride ourselves on having great trainers and combine this with highly relevant material and methods of delivery that are all designed to suit your individual business needs. We will always make sure delegates understand how our training translates into the workplace and how it aligns to your business goals.
We want our training to be enjoyable, so we don't make you sit through 'death by PowerPoint' and our style of delivery is always lively and engaging with maximum interaction and minimum lecture! From experience, we understand this is the only way to inspire delegates so that learning is truly embedded and not just forgotten a few days later.
Not What You're Looking For?
If you have someone in-house that can deliver training, then we also offer an appraisals training kit. Our 'Bags of Learning' training kit, is just £350 for 6 hours (one-day) of material that can be used with unlimited delegates.
Our training kits are the same high quality you would expect from our traditional trainer-led courses, they just give you the added flexibility to deliver the training whenever suits you, whilst saving you money.